4 Variable Waveshape Operators for Linear FM Synthesis
With an implementation completely from scratch, the Quad Operator is able to provide a modern take on frequency modulation synthesis.
* One knob per function design for true ease of use
* Any FM algorithm is possible via modulation matrix
* Each operator can also be unlocked and patched independently with convincing digital emulation of classic analog waveshapes
* An LFO mode, enabled the generation of phase locked, complex modulation signals
Eurorack format, 30hp
Quad Operator Love
Suture Sound (AKA Andrew Huang)
This is an amazing take on FM synthesis.
I wanted something that was close to the sound of my Yamaha DX100 that I know and love. I looked for that in some other modules but in the end the Quad Operator won hands down!
...maybe the best interface for FM synthesis we've ever seen in any format...
Expander for Quad Operator’s Algorithm Functionality
Where the unexpanded Quad Operator maintains a one knob per function design discipline, we nevertheless recognized the value of some more advanced algorithm-oriented functionality. The Algo provides:
* Saving and loading of modulation send knob positions for FM algorithm design reuse
* Crossfade between pairs of saved algorithms, or a saved algorithm and the live knob positions
Eurorack format, 4hp